Holidayers.com collects and uses the personal information that you provide online. Holidayers.com reserves the right to modify the terms of of this policy at any time. Such modifications will become effective immediately. Your continued use of Holidayers.com shall constitute acceptance of these terms. If you do not accept these terms, you are not authorised to use the website and associated tools.
We are Kerved Ltd (trading as Holidayers/Holidayers.com) and our registered address is 86-90 Paul St, London EC2A 4NE.
We are committed to being transparent on how we collect, use and protect your personal information. The data controller is Holidayers.com (referred to in this policy as the “site”, “we”, “us” or “our”) for information submitted to our servers.
- The personal information we collect
- How and why we collect and use your personal information
- Why we process your personal information
- When and why we will disclose your information to other tools, affiliates and organisations
- The rights and choices you have when it comes to your personal information
- How we ensure your information is kept secure
- How long we will hold your information
- Image usage
- How to contact us
When do we collect data?
When you use a contact or web form on Holidayers, we may collect your name, email and any additional information submitted as part of the form.
When you sign up to our mailing list, we may collect your email, name and certain preferences, such as preferred email type.
When you visit our site we may collect information about your online browsing behaviour and devices, such as IP address, browser type and mobile device identifiers.
Data (such as personal information and statistical data) may also be collected on the following cases:
- When you purchase products or services from the site or via any other distribution channels or associated partners
- When you become a subscriber to our services or that of any of our associated partner companies
- When you speak to our customer services personel
- Via explicit data capture measures, for example by entering competitions and completing surveys
What do we do with your personal information?
When you provide personal data, request information, use tools, complete forms, purchase products or services from associated businesses, or affiliated third-party websites and businesses, we may need to collect information about you to fulfill your order or provide services. This information may include, but is not limited to, your name, email and implicit data, such as your IP address and browsing statistics.
We try to ensure your details and preferences are current and updated, but appreciate your assistance in keeping us informed of any changes in your details. If you find any inaccuracies, please let us know via email (email@example.com) so they can be deleted or corrected.
If you wish to receive details of personal data held about you by us, you may write to request this. There may be a fee for this service, but you will be advised at the time of your request if this is relevant to you. You can write via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or via post (Holidayers Data Controller, Kerved, 86-90 Paul St, London EC2A 4NE).
Unless we have your consent, we will only disclose personal data to third parties if this is required for the purpose of completing your transaction with us. This is subject to the proviso that we may disclose your data to certain permitted third-parties (such as associated partner companies), our professional advisers, and when legally obliged to disclose data.
Other reasons we may disclose your personal information to other organisations, businesses or third parties:
- If required or permitted to do so by law
- If required to do so by any court, or any other applicable regulatory, compliance, governmental or law enforcement agency
- If necessary in connection with legal proceedings
- In line with our terms and conditions
By becoming a subscriber, you consent to receive relevant email communications, such as our e-newsletter, special offers and subjects we think may be of interest to you.
We retain and use personal information to provide you with a personalised service and provide offers which we think will be of interest to you. Information may also be used to process transactions, and for internal administration and analysis.
We may sell, rent or trade your information to third parties for marketing purposes if we feel you would benefit from these third party offers.
Why do we process your personal information?
We only collect personal information in accordance with data protection laws. Our grounds for processing your information is as follows:
Consent – Where necessary, we will only collect and process personal information if you have consented for us to do so. For example, you have completed a form on our website, related tool or service.
Legitimate Interests – We may use and process some of your personal information where we have sensible and legitimate business grounds for doing so. As per European privacy laws, there is a concept of “legitimate interests” as a justification for processing your personal information. Our personal interested for processing your personal information include:
- To enable you to access and use the Site
- To communicate with you about your use of Site services and tools
- Generic demographic statistical analysis
You have the right to object to the use of your personal information for these legitimate interests.
The security of our customers and site visitors is extremely important. We work to protect the security of your content and details, however we cannot guarantee that unauthorised third parties will not be able to defeat our security measures. Please notify us immediately of any compromise or unauthorised use of your details.
By using our Site you accept the inherent risks of providing information online and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security.
Cookies used by Holidayers.com generally fall into the following groups:
- Critical: These cookies are essential for our site to function correctly. Without these cookies, our site won’t work properly.
- Functionality: These cookies allow us to remember choices and provide enhanced personal features.
- User Interactions & Analytics: These cookies help us understand what pages, articles and posts are of the most interest to you. This information is collected anonymously – we don’t know who looks at what.
- Advertising or Tracking: These cookies are used to promote our services on third party websites, and also help establish what you may be interested in based on previous visits. Links are also shared on social media sites, and those sites may use your interactions with Holidayers.com to display related ads. If Holidayers pages contain advertisements, cookies may be used to deliver content that is relevant to you. Tracking cookies can be used to check referrals between ourselves and third party partners.
Cookies that are not used to improve your user experience and the Site only provide statistical information about how users interact with the Site. Information derived from cookies are not used to identify individual users.
Your information rights and responsibilities
You have the right to request a copy of the personal information we hold on you. Below are some of the other rights you have –
Right to correct: the right to have your personal information rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete
Right to erase: the right to request that we delete or remove your personal information from our systems
Right to restrict our use of your information: the right to block us from using or limit the way which we use your personal information
Right to data portability: the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your personal information
Right to object: the right to object to our use of your personal information, including where we use it for our legitimate interests.
To make enquiries, exercise your rights or make a complaint, please contact email@example.com or write to Holidayers Data Officer, Kerved, 86-90 Paul St, London, EC2A 4NE.
If you are not satisfied with the way a complaint in relation to your personal information was handled by us, you may be able to refer your complaint to the data protection regulator.
Use of children’s personal information
We do not knowing collect or store personal information about children under the age of 16. If you are under 16, please obtain permission from a guardian or parent before using our tools, services or submitting personal information.
By submitting images to Holidayers.com, you acknowledge that you hold copyright of the image, and grant Holidayers.com (and partner sites) a non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable, sublicensable, worldwide license to use, store, display, reproduce, modify, create derivative works and distribute your images for the purposes of operating, developing, providing, marketing and using on tools and services. We reserve the right to remove or modify Images for any reason.
We may retain images for a commercially reasonable period of time for backup, archival, or audit purposes.
How can you change permissions?
Your privacy is extremely important to us. Email newsletters and related emails will include instructions about unsubscribing if you no longer want to receive communications. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to contact us